Sunday, May 23, 2010

Poor Baby

On Friday night, the kids went to Nana's, and Drew and I went on a date.  Nothing fancy -dinner at Chili's and then to see IronMan 2.  About 35 minutes into the movie I see my purse light up.  I pull out the phone and its the second of two text messages from mom.  Reese is throwing up and running a fever of 102.4.  Super.  So, we leave the movie and go to get. 

As soon as I sit down on the couch beside her, she sits up and proceeds to throw up on me.  Which wouldn't have been so bad, except I was wearing white.  Oh, well, that's what OxyClean is for!

She ran fever all day yesterday and stayed in bed for the better part of the whole day.  I knew it was bad when she heard Drew in the kitchen in the morning and looked at me with the most pitiful eyes you can imagine and pleaded, "No eat breakfast,"  You know it is bad when she is begging not to eat.

But, even being sick, she still managed to tell Uncle Derek that she loved him.  He came over yesterday for a few hours.  It was the first time he has seen the kids since Christmas.  He got to see Hank stand up and play and be his generally jolly self. 

It looks like Reese's fever broke during the night, so hopefully she will feel better today, or at least well enough to want to eat breakfast!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nanny so sorry reesee is sick